2014年2月14日 星期五

The Lantern Festival and St. Valentine's Day (元宵節加上情人節)

#2014-0214

Several hours ago I saw Catherine's message for me on Facebook: "Happy Valentine's Day to Jerry and Jean Huang, Taichung's most romantic couple ever!" I was surprised and happy, and then felt a little embarrassed. Obviously I had something to confess, so I responded, saying: "Thank you so much. But I'm still thinking how to celebrate this special Day. ..."

Since my father became critically ill and later my own condition also turned to be rather bad, I had paid less and less attention to celebrations. I almost forgot about the Lantern Festival, which falls on this very day, the 15th day of the first month by the Chinese lunar calendar. Nor did I really care about the Westerners' "Lover's Day," though in the past I had usually remembered to celebrate it one way or another. Oh, my goodness! Where were Jean and I, and what did we do, on our wedding anniversary -- January 30th? It was the end of the old lunar year. My family and I had a Tuan-Yuan (or "Reunion") dinner on the evening of that day, but we just got ready for the Chinese New Year. I totally forgot that it was, meanwhile, the anniversary of Jean and me!

Now it is February 14, or according to our lunar calendar, the 15th day of the first lunar month. Catherine actually reminded me that I should do something to celebrate this very important day, a day called St. Valentine's Day, a day called the Lantern Festival. Two important events on the same day for us to celebrate!

















3 則留言:

Unknown 提到...

薩克斯風四重奏(Sax Quartet)
元宵樂----Lantern Festival
元宵樂 樂上元 啖湯圓 慶團圓 點蜂砲 賞花燈 會情人 共華月 猜燈謎 祈天燈 獅龍舞 舉鼓燈 元宵樂 樂上元

(幾年前的作品)
http://tw.streetvoice.com/fg1688/songs/70646/


Unknown 提到...

網路上--慈悲耶穌(譯自聖女傅天娜之英文原稿)---
「我的孩子,妳要知道成聖的最大的障礙就是:灰心喪志和一種誇大了的焦慮。」
佛曰「放下」要放下煩憂,但不要放下關懷和慈悲心。
還是青松 輕鬆--
快樂過個元宵節或西洋的情人節--

Mookoo Liang 提到...

真的很謝謝你:謝謝你的分享與勉勵!