2018年2月14日 星期三

Away from Me, Nightmare!

#2018-0214

Last night I didn't sleep well. I woke up early at around two o'clock and failed to fall asleep again until four or later. I thought of many things -- some might be important, yet most of them might not.

I got up quite late this morning. As I told my wife about my "night thinking," she laughed, saying, "Neither day-dreaming nor night-thinking will do you good. You've spent too much time sitting at your desk and browsing on the computer!"

It was true. Yesterday evening I did browse around for several hours before I went to bed near midnight. I read a couple of things on Facebook, I looked up the meanings or pronunciations of some phrases (e.g. 邂 / 邂 / 解后; to view something from the perspective of ... / to get something in perspective, or out of perspective ...) in the online dictionary, and then I had a free browse on Wikipedia, a free online encyclopedia.

Ah, I was so sad to read about the earthquakes that had devastated Hualian! The recent quake that happened at midnight last Tuesday caused serious damage and casualties: At least 17 people were reported dead and a further 285 injured. -- Oh, how frightening (and dangerous) an earthquake could be! I remember that I was so alarmed last Tuesday while my bedroom was shaking at midnight; I was so alarmed at that time that I kept praying to the Lord. And since then, I've again and again thought of the devastating 921 Earthquake ( 九二一大地震, 1999 Jiji earthquake), which made 2415 people killed and 11305 injured, including quite a few whom I knew.

O Lord, the Almighty God, for now I just don't know what to say to myself and to those whom have been severely affected. May your love be our great comfort! May your saving and healing powers be our hope! ...

The illustrations below are
from English Wikipedia





沒有留言: