2019年9月5日 星期四

Happy Birthday, Brother

#2019-0905

A few words popped up on my computer screen, meaning that today is my former colleague (and good friend) Mr. Yongcong Lin's birthday, so -- "Why not give him birthday wishes?" the message seemed to ask.

Yes, I should try to contact him right away. We haven't seen each other for months. Both he and I seemed to have been too busy to meet as often as before.

Last year we got together once per month or at least twice every three months. He would naturally call me (or I would call him) by phone or through LINE; and then we would come to a small "cafe-restaurant" for brunch. If we already had breakfast at home that morning, then we would just share a pot of coffee or two in there.

How enjoyable it would be to have this kind of "coffee hour"! -- Coffee is obviously our favorite drink. For us, coffee is something like wine, always making us more eager to talk, whether to have some simple, everyday chitchat or a more profound conversation!

This morning I was surprised to see the message about his birthday while I was browsing online. "Today is Yongcong Lin's birthday. Remember to give him birthday wishes." Oh, I would like to do something special today. Instead of making a telephone call, I collected a few pictures that I thought would be interesting to him. And I sent -- more precisely, copied and pasted them on the Facebook of 林永聰 (Lin Yongcong), hoping that these old photos (see below) would remind him of those "good old days" when we worked together in the same school.

All of a sudden I remembered that Mr. Yongcong didn't read or write on Facebook very often. I searched for his Chinese name on Facebook, and I found there were four 林永聰 -- Oh, I'm still very confused: Are there four people whose names are the same? Or does my good friend Mr. Yongcong Lin has created more than one "facebook"? ... Some of the four facebooks do not show the owner's personal photos or self-introduction, so I don't really know whether I sent the Birthday Wishes to the right person or not. -- Gosh, it's really a shame!

=   =   =
相關文章 (See also):
1)  The 60th Anniversary of NNCS (情縈投商一甲子)
2)  An Exciting Visit to My Former "Leader"










沒有留言: