2023年7月5日 星期三

Life Is like Reading a Novel

#2023-0705

回老家做 "土地鑑界" 後,
隨即前往 "音樂水車".....

As scheduled, the land office conducted a land survey (or more accurately, a survey for boundary verification) this morning so that the buyer of our "land in common" would know exactly where the land is. The boundary survey was completed much earlier than we'd expected; therefore, we got a chance to move to Music Waterwheel in the neighboring village, where we spent the better part of the day.

At Music Waterwheel, Jean and I enjoyed the quiet scenery in the mountains; the tranquil atmosphere over there allowed us to hear the the running water in the creek, and occasionally the singing of birds and some kinds of insects!

I started to think of those things that had happened here or somewhere else in my hometown, while Jean sat at the counter facing the creek, quietly reading a novel (see photo above). She has recently enjoyed reading novels online, while I've been trying to write a story about those days when my parents and I worked on the "last piece of land," the land my siblings and I are now selling! It's no easy job to integrate the very different experiences of the past into a readable story. How can I regard fact as fiction, and fiction as real experience? How can I be honest toward the "real story" while making up a "novel" (in its fictional sense)? -- Oh, if life is like reading a novel, then writing a novel of your own must be a way to renew or refresh your life. Who knows?

= = =
相關文章 (See also):
1)  音樂水車之雨景     (2020)
2)  We Took a Photo Together     (2021)














沒有留言: