2023年11月17日 星期五

Fiction Freewriting #2303

#2023-1117

{Fiction Freewriting #2303}

Title: Echoes of the Enchanted Trail

Summary: In the first section, after V-Monkey is bitten by a cobra, the protagonist uses their unique ability to restore him to full health. With V-Monkey back on duty, they call upon other "magic partners" to assist in their journey. In the second section, the protagonist receives a warning from V-Pigeon about armed strangers approaching. Determined to investigate, they prepare to confront the unknown threat with the help of their loyal companions.

= = =

Apparently, V-Monkey became seriously ill after being bitten by a cobra, a poisonous snake that can expand the skin on the back of its neck into a hood when threatened. The snake's venom caused my scout monkey to tremble uncontrollably. Despite this, he still tried to fight back against the three hostile cobras.

After I shot one of the cobras with my special "tranquilizer gun" (an additional function of my walking stick), the targeted cobra immediately fell unconscious. The other two cobras swiftly escaped, disappearing completely into the weeds within seconds. My trusted guard, V-Giant, approached me and whispered:

"Please save V-Monkey first, or he'll likely be killed."

"Well, we're far from any hospital," I said, my mind racing. "Where should we take him to save his life?"

"The only thing you need to do is kiss the tip of your right ring finger twice," said V-Giant.

"Oh, I got it," I thanked V-Giant for reminding me how to restore V-Monkey's vitality.

I kissed the tip of my right ring finger, and V-Monkey immediately disappeared. Then, I repeated the light kiss, and V-Monkey dramatically reappeared, fully restored physically. Now he could act as smartly as he did before the cobra's bite. I was amazed to witness this magical power of mine: Whenever any of my "magic partners" was on the verge of dying, the nail of my relevant finger would turn dark red. Seeing this critical sign, I should "kiss off" the badly-wounded at once, and if they were needed, kiss them "on" so that their lives would return to normal.

With V-Monkey back as a brave and smart scout, I decided to call out V-Cat to assist him. I swiftly kissed the thumbnail of my left hand and ordered both V-Cat and V-Monkey to search carefully ahead. At the same time, I told V-Giant to look around with more care.

"Should I call back V-Eagle and V-Pigeon and ask them what they have seen from the sky?" A sudden question occurred to me when I noticed that none of my fingernails were red or yellow. But my good partner V-Giant said it was not necessary yet, unless I really wished to do so.

"If your fingernails become red," V-Giant explained in detail, "the situation is so critical that you'll need to kiss the reddened fingertips for salvation right away. But if your fingernails just turn yellow, then you are able to directly communicate with the relevant animal or bird partners..."

With V-Giant's explanation, I learned that when my animal or bird partners at work felt like connecting to me, they would send back a mysterious wave to the associated finger of mine, and that fingernail would immediately turn yellow. At that moment, I could receive the message by putting the particular fingertip close to my ear, and dramatically, we could also talk with each other, as if on the phone.

Well, I couldn't initiate conversations with them from a distance; however, whenever they made my fingernail yellow, we could remotely communicate with each other.

How lucky I was to have these nine "magic partners": V-Pigeon, V-Owl, V-Lion, V-Cat, V-Elephant, V-Giant, V-Alligator, V-Monkey, and V-Eagle; and how amazing it was that I could easily summon them and make them invisible by kissing my fingertips!

By making them invisible and calling them out again, I could even restore their health and power. What a profound mystery this was!

I felt blessed living, working, and even fighting alongside these loyal "servants and soldiers" of mine. Among them, of course, V-Giant was my number-one helper and most intimate friend. In addition to being one of my "servants and soldiers," V-Giant also served as my counselor and teacher!

= = =

I wished for a safe and interesting journey along the mountain trails; however, things didn't always happen as expected.

As I left the MVP platform to continue my journey with my "magic partners," the nail of my left little finger turned yellow. Following V-Giant's instructions, I placed the fingertip on my left ear, enabling communication with my flying bird partner, V-Pigeon.

"Master, we see a gang of strangers approaching you; they're now on the newly constructed footpath, about 30 meters from you," V-Pigeon reported.

"What kind of strangers?" I asked. "Do you see anything suspicious about them?"

"They appear to be ordinary people, but they're all dressed in uniform, sporting varying shades of gray," V-Pigeon continued sharply. "What's concerning is that each of them is armed."

V-Pigeon proceeded to describe the scene from the air, noting that the strangers consisted of six strong men, each carrying a retractable metal T-baton and something resembling a pistol. They seemed to be patrolling the trail section above the MVP platform, scanning their surroundings and now heading in the direction of V-Giant and me. As we ascended step by step, my scouts V-Monkey and V-Cat remained out of sight, likely stealthily exploring among the bushes on the roadside.

"V-Pigeon," I instructed in a soft yet firm tone, "you and V-Eagle, keep a close watch on the gang from the air, or attempt to approach them by perching on tall trees nearby."

Turning to V-Giant, I said, "Let's go and find out who they are and what they're up to."

(To be continued.)

= = =
相關文章 (See also):




沒有留言: