2010年9月9日 星期四

I Killed a Snake This Morning

#2010-0909

Oh! I killed a snake this morning.

I haven't killed any snakes in the past three decades; therefore, killing the snake that slipped into the front yard of my house made me especially excited. I was very happy indeed; I felt very proud of myself because this was my first time to kill a snake in front of my wife, who had just been so scared that she kept screaming, "Snake! Snake! Oh . . . over there, what a terrible thing! It's under the scooter. Do you see it? . . ."

As soon as I heard my wife screaming, I ran out from my room with a rattan stick. And, within 30 seconds or less, I succeeded in killing that disgusting creature!

You know, on several occasions I've told my wife that when I was a teenager living with my parents in the mountains, I killed quite a few snakes. But, this was the very first time for my wife to see me killing a snake!

- - -

沒有留言: