2017年6月1日 星期四

Something We Know We Care About

#2017-0601

Last night my better half and I had a feeling of "new beginning": We agreed we had been very much blessed. And once again we made up our mind to "cherish" each of our days to come. Just as we've always encouraged each other to do, we would like to try our best -- our BEST -- to live in a meaningful way.

"Thank the Lord," she said, after expressing again to me how anxious she had been since our 6-year-old grandson fell off the living-room bench.

"Oh, yes, thanks to God," I echoed. I told her that after keeping an eye on him for a whole day, I could almost believe that he did not damage his neck.

I was very much worried, too, when our little boy fell from the wooden couch the day before yesterday. It was about seven or eight on Tuesday evening. Our lovely little boy was playing with himself. Then the accident suddenly happened. I sat very close to him but ... how ignorant I had been! I didn't pay attention to him until I was shocked by the noise and ... I reached my arms to hold him up as soon as I could. -- Oh, my 1st grandson was seen upside down beside my left foot; he'd fallen headlong to the living-room floor, being stuck between the wooden bench and the tea table!

Poor little boy! He must have been scared to death. He cried and cried, saying that he would not want to become canfei (meaning "crippled" or "disabled"). He saw what my wife was reading on iPad, and the new technical device shows how a seriously canfei person lies still in bed ...

And now two days have passed since the accident. It seems that everything is going well with our little boy. My wife and I have once again made up our mind to cherish what we have been given: our sweet family, every member of this sweet family! "Thanks be to God," I say, in my everyday prayers.



沒有留言: