2011年2月8日 星期二

An Evening Song: 晚霞冷風裡孑然遇枯樹於中途

#2011-0208


"When I Am Alone" (晚霞冷風裡孑然遇枯樹於中途)
---- by Mookoo Liang


When I am alone
I'm not really alone!
Here and now, at least
You can (and you should) find me
Well accompanied by a bare tree --
Standing in the winter sun setting
And in the evening wind, whispering!


Clearly that's not a leafy tree
Nor am I an evergreen being!
But there's a time, at last
For him and me to meet and see
How living things keep trying to be --
Healthy, even in days unhappy;
And happy, even in seasons unhealthy!


With my eyes lifting and sinking
I've got a closer look at him, the bare tree:
Oh my! I've again discovered
There must be something
Wrong, and something more --
For human beings to explore!
    (Say, in this evening song, the bare tree has been dead for long!)


The law of Mother Nature seems unknown
And sometimes so cruel to you and me!
But, believe it or not, I am not really alone (or lonely)
In the deepest part of my heart I've met a God
Almighty and full of mercy, the Holy Trinity --
Keeping me company all the way from the Unknown
To the Known . . . and then from there to another state of Unknown!






- - -

沒有留言: