2011年3月29日 星期二

Let's Sing!

#2011-0329

In the bestseller The Greatest Salesman in the World, Og Mandino created ten "ancient scrolls" with some valuable advice in each. The focus of the scroll marked VI is "emotion" -- How will I master my emotions so that every day is a happy day, and a productive one? That scroll asks and answers such a thought-provoking question.

Here is a long quote from the scroll (p.80): I will learn this secret of the ages:  Weak is he who permits his thoughts to control his actions; strong is he who forces his actions to control his thoughts. Each day, when I awaken, I will follow this plan of battle before I am captured by the forces of sadness, self-pity and failure --

If I feel depressed I will sing.
If I feel sad I will laugh.
If I feel ill I will double my labor.
If I feel fear I will plunge ahead.
If I feel inferior I will wear new garments.
If I feel uncertain I will raise my voice.
If I feel poverty I will think of wealth to come.
If I feel incompetent I will remember past success.
If I feel insignificant I will remember my goals.
Today I will be master of my emotions.

And yet, on the next page (p.81) the scroll has something more to teach:

If I become overconfident I will recall my failures.
If I overindulge I will think of past hungers.
If I feel complacency I will remember my competition.
If I enjoy moments of greatness I will remember moments of shame.
If I feel all-powerful I will try to stop the wind.
If I attain great wealth I will remember one unfed mouth.
If I become overly proud I will remember a moment of weakness.
If I feel my skill is unmatched I will look at the stars.
Today I will be master of my emotions.

The above quotation is very impressive. But, thanks to the Lord, I have got the unconditional love of God -- and so have you. My dear family and my dear friends! Whether we have already become master of our emotions, we are deeply loved by the Lord God. And therefore we can sing -- Let's sing!


=  =  =  =  =
The following pictures were taken on the 3rd Sunday in Lent (Mar. 27), 1011;
the last one was when the Chinese service was starting with a singspiration (詩歌讚美)!

















(My wife, my son, and Miss Huiling Lai are leading a singspiration at the beginning of the Chinese service!)



- - -

沒有留言: