2018年1月4日 星期四

My Favorite Colors?

#2018-0104

Are red and purple my favorite colors?

Yes ... and No!

This morning the quality of the air was so bad in the Foggy-Hills* area that my wife and I preferred to stay home. But when our mutual friends Mr. and Mrs. Zhan took their granddaughter Yuxin to Wufeng*, we were very pleased to go outdoors to meet them ... and we were happy to "eat out" together with them!

During our lunch at 糧 (read as liang, the name of the restaurant, meaning food, grain, etc), Jean and I talked about the serious air pollution in Central Taiwan. "Not only the central part," Mrs. Zhan said, "but many other parts of Taiwan are in the harmful smog now!"

How right she was! If you had read the reports (See copies below) made by the local government or by EPA Executive Yuan, you'd have seen that a lot of places were colored in red or in purple, meaning that the air were "very unhealthy" in these areas this morning. -- Oh, purple had been my favorite color for a long time, and red could be my choice at times. (See the last four photos, and you'll know why.) But now, thinking about the air quality, I dare not say that I like them. The very attractive colors have now become so ugly ... as you can see!

=     =     =

** Note: "Foggy Hills" means the same as "Wufeng" (霧峰).










沒有留言: