2022年11月10日 星期四

永遠盛開的朱槿 (Chinese Hibiscus)

#2022-1110

My sisters Xiuzhi and Xiuqing came to see us yesterday.

My sister-in-law Bifeng came from Qingshui to see us today.

(And I just got a call from Rev. Lily. She said she and Daphne, one of the nicest sisters in our church, were coming to see us on Saturday!)

Two days ago my wife and I returned home from the hospital where she received an operation for the removal of the appendix. -- I don't think she has had her "cecum" or "blind intestine" removed, though in Chinese we usually refer to 闌尾炎 as 盲腸炎*. Anyway, my wife had stayed in the hospital from Saturday to Tuesday because of the emergency surgery. And since we got home, some of our close relatives and friends have been coming to visit us...

When my sisters (Xiuzhi and Xiuqing) left us yesterday afternoon, they noticed the Chinese hibiscus** with large bright red flowers at the foot of our neighbor's fence. I told them that it was an amazing plant with big red flowers all year round, without breaks. For me at least, it symbolizes "unfailing love and friendship."

= = =
Notes:
  1. * 盲腸很少發炎,所謂 "盲腸炎" 多是 "闌尾炎" 的誤稱;the so-called "盲腸炎" in Chinese (literally "inflammation of the cecum") is mostly a misnomer for appendicitis.
  2. ** 朱槿(學名:Hibiscus rosa-sinensis;閩南語 Teng-á-hoe "燈仔花";客家語 Thai-fùng-fâ "大紅花")因原產於中國南部,歐洲各語系依循其拉丁學名乃稱之為 "中國薔薇" (英文:Rose of China or China rose; also called Chinese hibiscus)。
= = =
相關文章 (See also):
1)  窗外風光仍是美     (2022)







沒有留言: