2010年10月4日 星期一

Good Friends! I Miss You So Much!

#2010-1004

The painting on the right was produced by my former colleague Mr. Lin Hongzheng (林紘正老師). He gave me this as a gift for . . . well, for what I don't really remember now! But I know for sure that I miss him very much at the moment.

As old as I, Mr. Lin has been a kind and respectable "gentleman" in my mind. He is an artist, especially good at the traditional Chinese painting. But, more importantly, he is an excellent "teacher and friend," always giving you good advice and help when you need it [and, of course, only when he can actually provide with it]. Sometimes he would impress you as a fairly modest (humble) person; nevertheless, you can be assured that he is a gifted and hard-working man and that he's very capable of doing artistic creation and study. So, I admire his attainments in fine art, and I especially admire the way he gets along with others. He is one of the good models that I should try my best to learn from.

Another artist that I'd like to mention here is Mr. Chen Zhongyong (陳中庸教授), one of my best friends. Look at the Chinese calligraphy below. Mr. Chen's calligraphy is so excellent (as you can see with your eyes!) that he has won the well-known Zhongshan Arts Award in our country.

Living in my neighborhood, Mr. Chen is a diligent and prolific worker, too, in the fields of academic research and artistic creation. I enjoy seeing (reading) his calligraphy very much; what is more, I am very impressed by his humorous personality. He has told me quite a few stories about himself -- about his childhood, his school days, and so forth. Every time I met and chatted with him, his sense of humor made me very delighted.

Above all, he is a very sensible and reliable man. He can kindly give you help and advice if you ask him for. I hope I will go and visit him (or invite him to come to my humble place) a lot more often in the future!


- - -

沒有留言: