2010年10月29日 星期五

Happy Birthday to You, William!

#2010-1029


This morning I was invited to St. James' where I used to work as director of the language center. My former colleague Miss Susan told me that Rev. Charles Chen, my former supervisor, would like me to come for lunch -- "Why?" I asked, though I felt quite happy to come. There must be something special there today, I thought to myself.

Before long, I was clear about everything: It will be your birthday next Tuesday, William; and because Rev. Charles won't be available on that day, he would like some of us to gather on the eighth floor to celebrate your birthday in advance!

Oh, I was so lucky to be among the people singing Happy Birthday to You before you, William.

About seven month ago, my cellular phone received a message saying "Happy birthday to you, Jerry." I had no idea who sent that message to me, so I replied asking who did it. Then, William, you said that it was you who had learned from Facebook about my birthday -- Do you remember this event, this episode?

That happened in March, several months before you came to teach at St. James'. Life is sometimes so interesting, or unpredictable, isn't it?

















- - -

沒有留言: