2010年10月7日 星期四

荒蕪不染心 (I Will Never Be Devastated)

#2010-1007

Zou zai zhenguang-li, huangwu bu ran xin. (走在真光裡,荒蕪不染心。)
[English paraphrase]  In the Light of Truth, I will never be devastated.

You shi libaisi le, laopo de jiemeitao zhaoli yu jiudian duo lai yao ta "pa shan" qu. Laope dingling wo, shuo, "Ni zuihao ye chuqu zouzou . . ." Wo shuo, "Huide. Wo hai yao daizhe xiangji daochu qu buzhuo xie shenme ne!"
[English paraphrase]  It's Thursday again. My wife's good friends would come and invite her to go hiking somewhere, as usual. "You should also take some exercises today, my dear!" she said to me. And I replied, "I will. I'll go somewhere with my new camera. . . ." 

Wo shuodao zuodao. Suishen xidai qian bujiu huozeng de jinianpin -- Panasonic DMC-ZS7GT xiangji, wo zoule yitiao pingshi jiaoshao zou de lu.
[English paraphrase]  I did what I planned to do. Carrying with me the Panasonic DMC-ZS7GT which I had just been given as a "souvenir," I left home right away, heading for somewhere I had less explored before.

Shouxian yingru yanlian de, jiu shi zhege li wojia budao 100 gongchi de, bei Fanabi taifeng (凡那比颱風) chui huai le de hongludeng. A! Shenme shihou cai hui xiufu ne? -- Suiran
ludeng han huangdeng dou po le, na hongdeng hai guigui-juju de zhaochang liangzhe, fangfu zhihui lu-guo-de xingren ji cheliang, shi ta wuke-tuiwei de zhongze-daren.
[English paraphrase]  The first thing I saw was the broken traffic lights very near to my house. Obviously the green and yellow bulbs had been destroyed by the typhoon Fanapi (凡那比), but the red light was still functioning as normal; it was working as though guiding the passing vehicles and pedestrians was the number-one priority -- something so important that a traffic light cannot give up doing! Well, when will these traffic lights be repaired?

Jiezhe, wo laidao yishuo bufu-cunzai de tuoersuo qianmian. Zheli zhi shengxia canpo-bukan de damen, qita de jianzhu tongtong hui yu 1999 nian de 921 dizhen. Wo zai menkou paile liang-zhang zhaopian, zuowei zhe tuoersuo cengjing cunzai de zhengju.
[English paraphrase]  Then I came to this broken gate -- the gate to a nursery school that had been completely destroyed by the devastating 9-21 earthquake in 1999. Now you can see nothing of the nursery except this old and broken gate. I intentionally took two pictures of the gate, which would remind me of the nursery school that had actually existed long ago.



Xiamian zhe dong sancenglou de fangzi ye shi bei 921 dizhen pohuai de. Wuzhu bu jiayi-xiufu, shibi zao yijing bandao biede zhu le. (You ke xiao shu, jiuxiang wenjingde xiao nanhai yiban, hai cong erlou de chuanghu tanchu tou lai, momode kanzhe wo ne!)
[English paraphrase]  This 3-story building (see pictures below) was also damaged by the 9-21 earthquake. The owner of the house, hadn't bothered to repaire it, must have moved away to live somewhere else. (I saw a tree reaching its branches out of the side window on the second floor and . . . quietly staring at me like a shy boy!)



Er xiamian zhe ji-zhang zhaopian, you shi shenme ne? Tou yiyan kandao zhe qiguaide jingxiang, queshi jiao wo xia yidatiao. Zixi duanxiang yifan zhihou, cai faxian zhe yinggai shi yixie bei xianzhi yijiu de "yishupin" -- zhuozhe dagai yao biaoda mouzhong "huangwu" (荒蕪) de hanyi ba!
[English paraphrase]  Well, then, what are seen in the following pictures? Frankly speaking, I was shocked and upset at first sight of those things that looked so ugly and weird to me. However, after studying them for a while, I told myself that they could be some very special works of art, the creator(s) of which might have wanted to express something about "desolation" (or devastation) in these seemingly-deserted objects.











Gai shi tingbi de shihou le. Qie rang wo fushu wenzhang kaitou de na ju hua: Zou zai zhenguang-li, huangwu bu ran xin. (走在真光裡,荒蕪不染心。) Zhe shi ziwo mianli, ye tongshi tixing duzhemen, qianwan bie jianjing-shangqing. Wubi zai "huangwu" zhong kanjian Zhenli zhi Guang!
[English paraphrase]  To conclude this piece of writing, I would like to repeat the opening sentence: In the Light of Truth, I will never be devastated. Yes, I would encourage myself, and also all of you, my dear readers. Please don't be too sad when seeing these pictures of "desolation" (devastation); instead, be smart enough to see the Light of Truth among them.


- - -

沒有留言: